If your blog theme does not have a built in option for allowing readers to subscribe via RSS feed, you can easily create this.
- Find an image that you want to use for your RSS feed.
You can use the standard RSS feed image or modify it for match the colors of your blog
- Upload the image to your blog’s media library
- Add a text widget in the sidebar
- Title it “Subscribe”
- Copy the image URL from your Media library and place in the text widget.
- The url will look like this “http://yourdomain.com/imagenumber/imagename/”
- If you look at the page live at this point you will just see that link.
- Make the image a clickable link
- Create a temporary post or page on your blog and insert your rss image on that post or page
- Go to the html view and copy the code for the image
- Paste that code into a text document or notepad
- Look for the part of the code: href=”http://yourdomain.com/imagenumber/imagename/”
- Replace the entire url between the quotes with your feed url
- Copy this modified code and paste it into your text box
- Delete the page or post that you created
Voila! You have an RSS subscribe button in your sidebar!